Sunday, July 10, 2011

My Journey WILL Continue!

I am very happy to report that I managed to break through my crappy attitude "funk" that I was in last week with regards to my emotional eating - and am down five pounds.  How did I do it?  Thinking back through the week, all I did was break it down day by day and tackled it that way.  I still had some issues in regards to some anxiety, but I didn't waver from my nutrition plan.  I also exercised my butt off -had wicked hard heavy lifting workouts with Ben, and lots of cardio and TRX awesomeness in bootcamp with Kendra - I also did another hot yoga class on Wednesday and loved it yet again.  I stayed active six times this week - with today being my only day off...and I feel great!

One item that has been on my mind for a while now is the fact that my trainer Ben is moving away.  I have never come out and told him how I  feel, as making a big deal out of it would be downright counter-productive.  When he first told me, I was anxiety ridden...I kept asking myself these same questions...How would I continue with my journey?  How will I actually do this?  Will I give up and just be fat again?  He has been training me ever since I started - I want him to finish it with me...how will that happen?  I have answered these questions recently - I WILL continue this journey on my own and I CAN do it.  I have come so far - too far to just give up.  I have WAY more self-reliance than I did even a year ago.   The time has come to do "this" on my own.  As for him being a part of my journey right to the end - he still will be there - just not in person...oh the wonders of email/facebook/skype! 

I will miss Ben and Holly VERY much - they have done so much for me and words cannot express how much that means to me.  It's not very often that really great/caring people come into your life - they came into my life at that time for a reason - they have guided me and encouraged me and pushed me to the point in my life where I am stronger than I have ever been - and that's just not the physical - I'm stronger mentally and am in such a better place than I was two years ago. 

Regardless...I will be okay - I know I will...Ben has given me the "tools" that I need to push through to this next phase of my journey...all I need to do and will do is work as hard as I can...and make myself happy...I believe things happen for a reason - I am excited at what I am going to accomplish...

Look out...HERE I COME.

No comments:

Post a Comment