It's hard to believe that in just five days, it will be my one year anniversary at Alive. I've learned so much about myself and how strong and determined I really am. One of the main things that I've learned about - and still working on is to celebrate what I've accomplished WITHOUT the scale...
Here they are...
1. I have lost weight in inches...don't know the exact amount but I'm sure I will find out before Saturday!
2. I have gained some really great friendships.
3. I've gained a support system.
4. I know how to eat properly now.- This has been a huge change for me.
5. I feel stronger emotionally.
6. I've gone from a 6XL top to a 2XL top.
7. I've gone from a size 34 jean to a size 24
8. I can breathe now when I walk.
9. My blood sugar is lower.
10. My blood pressure is better.
11. I feel more confident and don't look at the ground as much - still something that I'm working on, but I'm sure it will come with time.
12. My coordination is better.
13. My range of motion and flexibility are better.
14. I have more energy.
15. I've gone from a couch potatoe to a gym rat!
16. I enjoy (for the most part) cardio now.
17. I have increased my social skill and am not as shy anymore - yes believe it or not, I am shy.
18. The gym helps me work out my frustrations.
19. I'm not as angry anymore.
20. I finished my first 5km as of yesterday and feel great about it - and am going to beat my time in a couple of weeks when I do another!
I am sure there are more...but I will add to it as I go. I am proof that the scale is not the most important thing...eventually I will get to my ultimate goal, but for now - I think I will just enjoy my 20 accomplishments!