Sunday, January 30, 2011

Pre-Op Week 2

Yes!!  I made it through Week 1 of my Pre-Op diet!  One word to describe this past week - well maybe two words would be Hell and Perseverance.  The Hellish part was wanting to give up twice...I was so sick of eating green veggies and watching everyone eat whatever they wanted...watching Brian cook something simple like an egg and watching him eat it...an EGG...was my body really starving for that stupid egg or was my mind just telling me what it has for the last 20 years:  "Kristy - you can eat that egg - it doesn't matter - it will make you feel better"  For so many years, that's what I've been doing - I've been listening to my old routines in my head and just grabbing whatever food may be in reach without THINKING first.  The past eleven days have really shown me that I need to use the food as FUEL for my body and not as comfort, or just because.  Ben has been telling me this for quite a while now - and I always understood WHAT he meant...I just never tried to incorporate it into my life...I think I needed something like this to force me into that way of thinking...I need to think "Am I really hungry at this very moment?"  "Does my body need this food as fuel?" 

Anyway - something for me to keep working on... :o)

So...so far in 10 days, I have lost 16.4 lbs.  I am eleven pounds away from 300 lbs.  I would LOVE to be below 300 for my surgery.  That would be such an incredible feeling...I don't think I have been below 300 pounds in about ten years.  Oh what a feeling this will be! 

I have a feeling this week is going to go much more smoothly for me...I need to keep thinking positively and keep thinking about the end result...a completely new me!!

1 comment:

  1. Good work Kristy. Keep focussed on your goals. And keep writing!!

    ReplyDelete