Sunday, November 27, 2011

I Think I've Figured it Out...

I think I've figured out why my weight has stalled completely the past couple of months...and I can't believe it has taken me so bloody long to figure it out. 

But it seems I have.

First off, I would like to thank everyone that has given me their advice and support this last while.  I have been VERY discouraged and even - as you know - been so discouraged that I wanted to give up totally.  I've listened to everyone's ideas of what I could do do kick start my weight loss again and I've even tried some of them.  But what I never really considered doing was the most obvious.

MAYBE YOU AREN'T EATING ENOUGH.

I know.  What a concept.  But you see, I thought I was watching everything that I was eating.  And I have been.  I was eating between 1100 - 1400 calories a day, which is what the lap band dietitians have advised that I eat.  What I haven't been watching closely is the amount of calories that I burn and intensity of my exercise program vs my calorie intake  I thought that after Ben left, and not having a personal trainer anymore, that I would slack off and my workouts wouldn't be as intense.  On the contrary - I've kicked it up a notch and added WAY more cardio.  My strength training isn't near as good as I want it to be, but it will come.  And I will be able to bench over 100lbs again in no time.  I've been doing lots of spin classes and have recently taken up Tae-Bo...both of which burn a serious amount of calories. 

I have discovered that I am not eating enough for the amount of exercise that I do.  Yes I know...  I've had a few people tell me that I might want to check into that - that I might be starving my body and not giving it the fuel that it needs in order to up my metabolism - hence lose the weight.  I just thought that I wasn't working out hard enough.

Make sense?  It does to me now...finally.  I stepped on the scale this morning.  Since Friday I have lost two pounds. 

I can't really say this plateau has been a really bad thing tho.  My body has taught me its limits.  While the scale hasn't shown change, my clothes have definitely changed.  With all the spinning I've been  doing, my quads have developed some definite muscular definition - something I'm totally not used to. AND - my cardio endurance is the best it has ever been!

I am happy and so relieved. 

I am on track again.  YES!!

2 comments:

  1. That's great!! I wasn't losing as much when I was eating too few calories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i totally agree! sometimes just a bit more calories really help!!

    ReplyDelete