Today is my Birthday...I turn 39...one more year until the big 4-0! This coming year is going to be full of excitement, accomplishments, change and of course I'm sure there will be a disappointment here and there along the way. But I am preparing myself the best way that I can - with that in mind, I have set up 10 goals - some personal (non scale type goals) and some physical (exercise)...
My goals before I reach the age of 40 are:
1. I want to be able to cross my legs. I haven't been able to do this in about 20 years. Guess it's time I started acting like a woman...lol
2. I want to be able to do 10 man's pushups without stopping.
3. I would like to be in a size 18-20 - pants, size large for my tops.
4. Speaking of sizes - how about a D cup for a bra size??
5. As much as I HATE doing them - I want to hold a plank for two minutes.
6. To appreciate veggies more - I got close up and personal with them for my pre op stage and actually don't mind them...I would like to try different ones tho - no more cucumber!
7. To make myself happy...not depend on others for it.
8. To deadlift what I used to - 265 lbs...and if I am able - higher
9. To do three unassisted pull-ups.
10. By my next birthday - I would like to be in the low 200's...and if possible out of the 200's all together.
So those are my 10 specific goals I would like to achieve by the time I hit 40. I will take it day by day and know that if I work hard, I will achieve them!
On another note - my healing continues - I've been feeling great and have been getting in my exercise. I kickboxed for 15 minutes last night - then went on the treadmill and did jogging intervals...I'm really happy about my progress. Today I start with soft foods...this means I can have eggs! I can't wait until I get my first fill in six weeks - then I can really get this show on the road. I'm also losing about a pound a day and loving that - I know it will even itself out eventually, but for now I am just going to enjoy the steady loss...something I haven't been able to enjoy for ME!