Saturday, December 18, 2010

Small Update

Well it's been quite the week - that's for sure...I'm glad it's pretty much over because I'm looking forward to starting fresh next week! 

This time of year has pretty much always been a difficult time for me.  I kept telling myself at the beginning of this month that it was going to be different this time - that I was not going to  get my mind stuck in negativity again...but I managed to do it again.  I've been thinking a lot about my Mom lately, but the good thing this year is that I'm not stuck in a big cloud of despair - I know that nothing is going to bring her back and that she is at peace - and I miss her - I always will and will always hold her in a special place in my heart...I'm going to really try and be more positive about Christmas this year -  I will get to spend it with John and Kelley and Maggie and John's family and that will be wonderful...I will do it in small baby steps - but I will do it!

Secondly - I've had some time to think about my last post and how afraid I was about my upcoming surgery.  I've really had some time to think hard and dig deep and I know that I will be able to do this...with regards to the pre-op diet, I'm going to have my good days and bad days, but all I will have to do is just focus...focus on the big picture and not give up.  I'm so excited about what my body is going to be capable of once I lose the weight...how strong I'm going to become.

So...I'm going to start with setting some small goals for myself...my first small goal I want to achieve is to be below 300 lbs...and I'm pretty sure with my pre-op diet, I'm going to blow that away! :o)

So much excitement for me in the next coupla months and I know with a focused mind and positive attitude, it's going to be GREAT!

1 comment:

  1. From the short time I've really gotten to know you I can see that you are one that sticks to the goals that are really important to you and I know this is extremely important to you. You are not only a brave and wonderful woman, but strong and confident. I am in awe of what you are doing and try to follow your example of self-confidence and determination. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete