Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Long awaited update...

Yikes!  Has is really been since August that I last updated?  Yeah - I guess it has...I guess I've just been really busy concentrating on work, exercise, my food, my family and friends and my weight loss...

Speaking of my weight loss...I was just informed on Tuesday that I have been selected as one of the 25 people in the Calgary Region to receive the lap-band surgery this year and I'm SO happy and grateful...I keep replaying the telephone conversation that I had with Wania (one of the dieticians in the program) and all I can do is smile from ear to ear.  She told me she has never seen anyone in this program that is more dedicated to my exercise program and to myself than me.  I remember crying as soon as I heard her voice - telling her how happy I was...how happy I am.  I've worked so hard to get this far...now the hardest part is coming up, and I know I can do it - it's going to be SO exciting...

One of the many things I've been thinking about the past couple of days is what I'm actually going to be able to do once the weight starts coming off even more...they are:

1.  I'm going to be able to run
2.  I'm going to be able to walk up and down a flight of stairs
3.  I'm going to be able to jump
4.  I'm going to be able to do lunges without using the equalizers
5.  I'm going to be able to to regular burpees...not modified ones
6.  I'm actually looking forward to doing mountainclimbers! lol
7.  Bootstrappers might even become possible.
8.  Have I mentioned I will be able to run?? 
9.  I will be able to exercise and not worry about my knees...this is a huge factor for me as my    knees have frustrated me beyond belief
10.  I won't have to use my c-pap machine anymore as my sleep apnea will go away - another huge factor for me
11.  I will be able to shop at Lululemon and not Penningtons anymore :-)
12.  I will be able to shop ANYWHERE BUT Penningtons for all my clothes!

There are more, but I can't think of them right off hand...I will add to them as time goes on...

I want to thank everyone that has supported me this far...this journey for me, has only just begun and I can't wait to see all of the amazing changes coming my way.  I would also like to dedicate this journal post to my Mom...if it weren't for her, I probably wouldn't even have had this second opportunity for the procedure...she pushed me towards it a couple of years ago and was very keen for me to have it done...I love you Mom and I'm going to make you proud!

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment