Sunday, March 28, 2010

Long Week...

Holy moly...I have to admit something here...It's been a REALLY rough week for me...good thing is, I have come out of it relatively unscathed... :o)


The week started out with Brian getting pneumonia...  he's been really sick and coughing a ton as of late so he finally decided it was time for him to go to the doctor...the doctor told him he must stay at home and must NOT workout..I can't imagine how bored he must be - sitting there day after day, watching TV - cause there's nothing else to do but to do that and sleep!  Good thing is, is as of yesterday, he is finally starting to feel better.


Secondly - my Gecko is sick.  The vet doesn't really know what's wrong with her other than the possibility of her having ricketts - she won't eat or drink and frankly it's driving me crazy...so I've been doing what the vet has told me to do and I've been doing forcefeeds and calcium supplements...she still hasn't eaten on her own. but I think she is close to getting better.


Thirdly, my cat Chibi is really sick...he has Hepatic Lipidosis.  For those of you who don't know what that is, it's a potentially fatal liver disease.  Fat cats who suddenly stop eating, end up getting most of their liver turning to fat - then they get jaundiced and nauseated and won't eat.  This, unfortunately is what is going on with Chibi.  So, we have to forcefeed him everyday and give him pills and liquid Amoxil.  My cat Simon (who has since gone to the Rainbow Bridge) had this three times in his lifetime - and we got through it...it's hard to battle, but we can do it.


So, that's my week in a nutshell...and I'm hoping things just happen in threes!


Cheers to a better week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment