Sunday, January 24, 2010

Life Goes On...

Well...I was looking at my last post that I posted a couple of weeks ago and am shaking my head.  Man was I sad...I look at the post and find it hard to believe how "back in the dark hole" I was.  BUT it's always a new day, and I have to look forward.  I typed what I was feeling and that's the whole point of this blog.  I'm just glad I'm working through it...baby steps...


This week has been both a week of disappointment and personal growth.  The first anniversary of my mom's passing was last sunday - the 17th.  My sisters and I spent the weekend together at one of my mom's favorite hotels.  It sure was nice to be together.  I spent Sunday night out at Airdire at my sister Kathy's place...we sat in her hot tub and played with her dogs...yeah I know - I'm so not a dog person, but it was fun - and then on Monday, we had lunch with my Dad, Stepmom, and brother Rob.  It was great to see them all - I don't see my Dad nearly as much as I would like...I'm gonna change that. 


I spent most of the week with my eyes glued to my scale.  And well...it didn't move!  I'm stuck at 329 lbs and frankly it was driving me CRAZY.   I was talking to a pathologist at my work and he gave me a reality check.  The medication that I'm on is making me retain fluid and LOTS of it.  I just need to keep plugging away.  Also, Ben my trainer bought me a food journal - I'm going to write down everything I eat..everything I put in my mouth so that I can be held accountable...it's awesome and I'm looking forward to using it.


Oh yeah...and we also got our new furniture yesterday (well most of it) and I was pretty happy about that.  We are no longer having to sit on a cooler and hard chair after a day of work.  It was nice - I actually fell asleep last night in my loveseat recliner.  LOVE IT!


Positive thing is  I'm moving forward...I didn't think I would be able to, but I am.  It's a slow process, but I'm doing it. 


Life Goes On...


K

2 comments:

  1. I hope the dogs weren't in the hot tub with you! Is the food journal actually specialized for that (rather than a blank one)? I tried once but wasn't very good at using it - probably should try again! Keep plugging away - as you say, baby steps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...nope the dogs weren't in the hot tub...but Bailey wanted to lay on my lap a lot. I'm so not a dog person, but I have to say she was cute...

    The Food Journal is specialized...it's actually 26 weeks worth of journalling and jotting down how I'm feeling and even has a spot where I can post my weight EVERYDAY...may not be a good thing in that respect, but I find I have to do that everyday to keep myself truthful. :o) I can let you know the title of it if you want - he picked it up from Chapters for me.

    ReplyDelete