Thursday, December 20, 2012

The dress

I've been kickin' butt lately.  I feel good.  I feel happy.  For the most part I'm in control of my eating habits - I've fallen a little bit off the "Christmas Treats at Work" wagon, but I'm refusing to beat myself up about it.  I've done it...I've indulged a bit here and there, but it's time to move on.

I've lost quite a bit of weight in the last month.  I won't go into details about how much, but enough where I am noticing it again.  We had our company Christmas Party a couple of weekends ago and Brian insisted I buy a new dress for it.  So off I went to Penningtons grudgingly.  Brian's friend Monique joined us and she helped me pick out my dress.  I remember looking at it on the hanger and hating it at first.  Monique just told me to try it on anyway so I did.  I remember looking at myself in the mirror with it on and thinking:  "Hey...I look pretty good!"  Then a complete stranger walked up to me and told me she hoped that I would buy that dress because it looked amazing on me. 

She had me at that.  I walked back into the change room, looked at myself again and broke down.  These were happy tears this time.  I kept thinking to myself "I'm back!  I'm back on track! And DAMN!!  I look wicked!"  Then I said the same thing out loud to myself. 

I have never done that before.

Here are a couple of pictures of me in my new dress.  I love the way I feel and look in it.

 
 

 
Ben also came to town last week - it was awesome to see him and to catch up.  He told me that I looked the best I have ever looked since I met him and Holly...coming from him, that means a lot.  We had a great workout and it was just the "recharge" that I needed.

Sometimes, all it takes is being gentle with yourself and giving yourself credit.  I know I don't give myself enough credit, and this is going to stop. 

I am one amazing, strong and competent chick...and nothing is going to stop me!

Merry Christmas everyone! 

Cheers!

K

2 comments:

  1. You do look amazing in that dress! I bought my first "little black dress" for my work Christmas party this year too and it felt amazing. I had actually put it back on the rack the first trip and my wellness trainer told me to not give a damn what anyone thinks if you like it buy it. I went back and got it and had more unknown co-workers walk up and compliment me than I could count. We deserve the best. Happy New Year and here's to more little black dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you too! Thanks so much...Can't believe I'm saying this, but I actually really love wearing the dress...I've always tried to hide behind my fat clothes - and when I finally put on the dress and had a really good look at myself, I think I FINALLY started to believe that I look great - it's taken me so long to realize it, but I'm getting there!!

    ReplyDelete