Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Slip Slidin' Away...

OOPS!  I did it.

Last week, I went on a three day bender....with sugar...my kryptonite.

But the positive thing, was that I snapped out of it in time so that I didn't do any MAJOR damage.  The worst thing was that I physically felt like a big bag of shit.

The most important thing we all need to realize is that we are human, and we will slip up from time to time.  Everybody does...and if they say they don't...they are LYING!

I've gotten back into eating super clean, and I feel good.  Other than my sleep schedule being a tad screwed up, I'm doing great.  Last week I really tried hard to put my sleep therapist's advice into reality.  Out of the 6 days so far since seeing her, I have done what I've been told for four of them.  We also discussed the fact that my body is still trying to adjust to having no Seroquel - yes believe it or not, that bad boy can stay in your system for up to a year!  So if I don't sleep from time to time...no biggie.

Brian has been helping me out a lot with my lunches that I take to work.  Here is an awesome salad he made me the other day.  It's got quinoa, cous cous, chick peas and veggies in it.  I couldn't even get through half of it because it was so filling!


I've also been incorporating sweet potatoes into my diet.  And...have been wheat free for...drumroll please...FOUR DAYS!  Yeah I know - it's not very long...but for me, it's eternity!  I don't feel much of a difference yet, but I'm sure I will be reaping the benefits pretty soon!

I also had a great week fitness-wise.  When I started my workout on Thursday evening last week, I walked by a bin that was sitting over by the spin bikes...I looked in the bin and lo and behold this is what I found!!


For those of you that don't know what this is, it's a TRX.  It's used for full body weight suspension training.  It's amazing what you can do with one of these babies.  I hadn't used a TRX in about 7 months, so I was definitely excited to pull it out and set it up and get working out on it.  I spent a good 30-40 minutes, re-acquainting myself with it.  I showed it to Jeanette two days later and she quite liked it too.  I am defintely going to add this into my workout program!

So...for the next week...my three goals are:

1.  Continue eating clean.

2.  Don't stress about the sleep issue

3.  Check out this new yoga studio in Lake Bonavista.  It's a Iyengar Yoga Studio - my therapist recommended it.  My joints sure could use it!

No comments:

Post a Comment