Wednesday, May 16, 2012

96...

Yup!  The title is correct!  As of this past Friday, I am down 96 lbs!  I'm so close to 100lbs down that I can taste it.  I'm so freakin excited, that every time I think about it, I just smile from ear to ear.  I've been working really hard - on both my nutrition and my exercise so it all makes sense.

I wish I could just round it up...lol  But then that would be cheating right?  ;-P

On a different subject - those of you who do not know - we lost a member of our pet family last week.  My beautiful leo gecko passed away peacefully last Wednesday morning.  I had her for 10 years and she was such a neat pet.  I will miss her greatly - I still find myself feeling a bit sad when I come home and see her empty tank.  It's always hard to let a pet go...but I keep telling myself - that nothing lives forever...and that she is at peace. 

I saw my therapist yesterday.  She invited a "Sleep Psychologist" to my session.  She had a lot of great ideas about ways that I can help deal with my chronic insomnia issues.  One of them was trying to not fall asleep in front of the TV - and to just head up to bed as soon as I feel tired.  Well I did just that last night and it worked!  I slept right through to Brian's alarm.  We also had a chance to talk about my sleep medications - which I am very proud to say I'm only on ONE now...NO MORE SEROQUEL!!  As of the 20th of this month, I will have been off it for a full 30 days.  I still take the Trazadone, but was told that it's okay. 

I've also been making large changes with my nutrition - I've been really cutting back hard on the wheat in my diet and have been noticing the benefits of that.  I've been looking into the Paleo Diet and the Primal Diet - both of which intrigue me.  I have been leaning a little more towards the Primal as it allows certain types of dairy - i.e. cheese, natural yogurt etc.  While I don't eat a heck of a lot of cheese, I do eat my share of yogurt.  There are so many things to think about - whatever I do decide to do, I will make sure I do it slowly!

I'm feeling stronger and more in control of my life...and I LOVE it!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome for you. See you saturday 9:45 AM!!

    Jeanette

    ReplyDelete