Sunday, June 12, 2011

Fuckin Perfect??

Made a wrong turn, once or twice. 
Dug my way out, blood and fire. 
Bad decisions, that's alright. 
Welcome to my silly life. 
Mistreated, misplaced, misunderstood. 
Miss 'No way, it's all good', it didn't slow me down. 
Mistaken, always second guessing, underestimated. 
Look, I'm still around. 

Pretty, pretty please, don't you ever, ever feel 
Like you're less than fuckin' perfect. 
Pretty, pretty please, if you ever, ever feel like you're nothing, 
You're fuckin' perfect to me 

You're so mean when you talk about yourself; you were wrong. 
Change the voices in your head; make them like you instead. 
So complicated, look happy, you'll make it 
Filled with so much hatred, such a tired game. 
It's enough; I've done all I can think of. 
Chased down all my demons, I've seen you do the same. 

Woah ohh, pretty, pretty please, don't you ever, ever feel 
Like you're less than fuckin' perfect. 
Pretty, pretty please, if you ever, ever feel like you're nothing, 
You're fuckin' perfect to me. 

The whole world's scared so I swallow the fear. 
The only thing I should be drinking is an ice cold beer. 
So cool in line, and we try try try, but we try too hard and it's a waste of my time. 
Done looking for the critics, cause they're everywhere. 
They don't like my jeans; they don't get my hair. 
Exchange ourselves, and we do it all the time. 
Why do we do that? Why do I do that? 

Why do I do that? 

Yeah, oh, oh baby, pretty baby 
Pretty, pretty please, don't you ever, ever feel 
Like you're less than fuckin' perfect. 
Pretty,pretty please, if you ever, ever feel 
Like you're nothing, you're fuckin' perfect to me, yeahhh. 
You're perfect, you're perfect 
Ohh pretty, pretty please, if you ever, ever feel 
Like you're nothin' you're fuckin' perfect to me.

Lyrics from the song - Fucking Perfect by P!ink

If you haven't guessed...I love this song...what I love even more are the lyrics.  The problem I have been having tho, is actually living them.  I don't ever feel perfect - I don't think any of us really do...I have had glimpses of feeling that way at one point or time in my life, but never do I consistently feel that way.

I've had an incredibly rough week - so rough in fact, that I debated on even doing my blog today...but I know that typing my thoughts down can be therapeutic...so here goes...

I'm getting really tired of my low self-esteem.  I've had it pretty much my whole life.  My therapist chalks it up to a series of events in my life that contributed to it.  I won't go into detail on here as they are pretty private and they are events  that I am trying to "let go" and forget.  I'm trying to tell myself to stop acting this way, and to just live life - and be happy - isn't that the way life is supposed to be anyways?  Self-love and happiness just seems to be so high out of reach for me right now.

I'm afraid of failing.  I'm afraid of falling back in the "cycle" of coming home after work, eating my face off, and watching TV.  I'm afraid of being 360 lbs again.  I'm afraid.  I feel as though I'm stuck in this dark place and can't seem to get out.  

I know that I am the only one that can help myself.  I know I need to tell myself over and over and over again until I'm blue in the face that I AM WORTH IT.  I will have a few good hours of feeling pretty good, and then there I go - back into this other world - something I can't even really describe - but it makes me sad and so frustrated with myself.  

So where do I go from here?  I need to change things...a lot of things.  I need to change my attitude towards myself and take things one day at a time.  I need to breathe and make the negative thoughts go away.  I need to at least like and forgive myself.  I know I am the only person that can help me.  I know deep down in my heart that I am a really great person who has an enormous heart and am capable of giving so much.  It's time for me to believe in me.  

I'm sorry everyone - I'm sorry this post couldn't be more positive.  But this is me.  I'm being as honest and as raw as I can be.  

So starting this week.  One day at a time.  No looking into the future.  I can and will do this.  Quitting is NOT an option.  I AM WORTH IT.

Thank you everyone for listening to me this past week.  I appreciate your support and your friendship.  

Love you all,

K



1 comment:

  1. I think of it like this, Kristy. The old pathways are like super-highways - paved, several lanes, well lit and sooo easy to travel. When we make change, it's like taking a dull machete and hacking our way through the jungle. Freaking hard work. And everytime you veer from the new pathway, even for a short look back, the jungle starts growing in again, and when you turn around and start forward, it's hacking hard AGAIN.

    But in a few years, the path will get smoother and wider and less wild; easier to travel.

    You just have to remember that new is hard work, but it won't be new forever. (even though it may seem like it some days)

    Deb N

    ReplyDelete